Apple (Malus) 'Liberty'
Liberty is a modern apple variety, developed for disease resistance - it has very good resistance to scab and good resistance to fireblight and cedar apple rust. A productive variety that is crisp and juicy with a sprightly flavor.
More About Apple (Malus) 'Liberty'
- 'Macoun' x 'Perdue 54-12' New York, 1964
- tart, with a flavor all its own
- absolutely one of the best apples for the northern home orchardist
Keeps well into February. Does not require fungicide sprays. Does very well without spraying. It is a good dependable choice for any backyard orchard because it is highly productive and resistant to all the major apple diseases.
We do NOT SHIP plants. ALL Sales are in person at our garden center.
Spacing: 10-20 Ft
Hardiness Zone: 3-7
- fire blight resistant
- apple scab resistant
- cedar-apple rust resistant
- very disease resistant/doesn't require spraying
- distinct flavor
- tart flavor
- good for eating
- good for cider
- good for cooking/baking
- good for cold regions/very hardy
- stores well/good keeper
- medium size
- vigorous grower
- all purpose