Montmorency Pie Cherry (Montmorency Sour Cherry)
Large, tart red fruit for pie or preserves. Fruit firm and juicy. Vigorous and highly productive. Home or commercial use.
More About Cherry(Prunus) 'Montmorency'
- The most popular sour cherry in America for pies and preserves.great for home orchardists
- (Sweet Cherry x Prunus tomentosa) ...a bird magnet
- The Montmorency Cherry gets its name from a valley just north of Paris France, A valley named after one of the oldest and most distinguished families of the French nobility dating back to the 12th Century.
Flesh is clear and yellow in color. Montmorency cherries have proven over the years to be outstanding for cooking and pie-making.
We do NOT SHIP plants. ALL Sales are in person at our garden center.
Height: 10-20 Ft
Spread: 6-10 Ft
Hardiness Zone: (4)5-8
- Drought Tolerant
- Sun Tolerant
- Part Sun/Part Shade
Season of Interest (Flowering)
- good for jams/jellies/juices
- good for cold regions/very hardy
- heavy bearer
- all purpose
- good for cooking/baking